Another skinning frustration...

Nacy Nightfire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I almost successfully skinned my kitten to the sl avie armature, but no matter what I do the arms are crossed.  Depending on how I position the shoulder, they are either extremely crossed or less so.  If I remove all weighting the legs straighten out, but they of course don't move.  Is this just a problem with the default SL animation?  Am I chasing a problem that can only be corrected with an ao?  The back legs are fine and walk correctly  and the head/eyes track really well, its just the arms are causing me so much frustration:

RIGGEDCATUPLOADPIC.png

He he, I was running all around the main grid mesh sandboxes last night trying to find familiar names.  I'm sure I'll catch up with you soon if you are working there from time to time Ashasekayi!  Be sure to have some kitty treats handy :matte-motes-smile:

Its funny how the projects can take a disorganized person like myself on their own path.  I'm thinking I'm now going to get back into making the crude animations I used to have so much fun playing with, but specifically now geared towards  4 legged critters, plus my texturing skill has a long way to go.  Fun!.

Edited to clarify: By "crude animations" I mean unprofessional beginner stuff, not crude in an offensive way! :matte-motes-nerdy:

I made a wee cat joke about that in the sandbox when someone was complaining (justifiably) about all the gigantic meshes left around in the mesh sandbox making it hard to find a space to work.....I told him there wasn't enough sand in the entire sandbox for me to bury that pixel-poop....or something of that nature!

Now I'm turning my brain to mush trying to animate the little guy in Blender. wheeeeeee.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.