Product Boxes? Best place to find them?

Amore Melodie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

depends on what kind of look you want.

crate is usually a good term to type in.  for a rustic warehouse look.

gift box term doesn't work that well, because you get items that include a gift box in package, but wrapping paper term works better if you want something pretty.

or type those into a specific texture search...to make your own.  very easy to make.

Amore - are you packing your product for the first time to sell?

you might want to play around with an easy paint program to make a simple logo.

or you can find really pretty wrapping paper in the texture search, and all you have to do is to texture a simple one prim box to pack in.

I don't know anything about unpacker scripts.  never used those.  I pack about 30 items into a box at times, and people just click the open feature when they receive it.

Most of my products are unboxed because they are single prims.

For multi-object sales, or for a group of textures, I rez a plywood cube and apply a nice texture from the group or that relates to the product.

If I'm feeling extremely creative, I'll add a low-prim bow on top of the box.

All the buyer has to do is right click, open and copy or move to inventory. No script needed.

Yes packing my products for the first time, and yes they are textures/photos.

I have a logo, but I was trying to find some sort of box/crate that looked slightly open. I'm not entirely sure how to build one. So looking up sculpt maps.

But yuh, I forgot about the simple open feature. I just assumed to use a script, since you just click on the box and it unpacks.

But I see that the packaging doesn't really matter? As long as you have a good product.(?)

you might find one already open, but it's really easy to make your own.  be careful on your permissions there, if you purchase a sculpty.

to make your own:

just hollow out a square box and you have your main box.

copy that, pull it straight up...fill in the hollow...stretch it thin for the lid...then rotate to lift a little and attach.

make sure you include a LM and a thank you note.

yesterday I got a notecard in a package that included pics of other products....very good idea.

Amore Melodie wrote:

Yes packing my products for the first time, and yes they are textures/photos.

I have a logo, but I was trying to find some sort of box/crate that looked slightly open. I'm not entirely sure how to build one. So looking up sculpt maps.

But yuh, I forgot about the simple open feature. I just assumed to use a script, since you just click on the box and it unpacks.

But I see that the packaging doesn't really matter? As long as you have a good product.(?)

When you edit the box, halfway down the edit window on the General tab is the "Click to: " option with a drop down box next to it. Select "Open" from the drop down box. That will give you a "click to open" box without scripts.

cheers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.