how can i change the name on my account ( not my avatar name ) information?

Ravyn Ash

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

You can create a Screen Name. Correction: Display Name

If you were a Celebrity LL would allow you to pick your name.

There are Charter Members in SL, not sure if they are allowed to pick their own names.

10 or 20 million dollars, you could be a private investor. I'm sure they would let you have any name you want.

i have seen people wanting to change their signup information before (put wrong birth date in) and they were advised to send a ticket. i would try that. i am not sure how willing they would be, as it, to them, may not seem like a pressing matter. or perhaps it is, i honestly don't know.

but i would give it a try. for all we know you can have strong, compelling reasons to want to remove your previous name.

https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

not sure what category to file it under, tho. maybe others can say more about that. if you are premium i'd go to live chat and they could give more info on how to proceed.

good luck =)

add info/comments to your post by using options > edit.

• Like 1

bee is absolutely correct. LL will quite happily change account information for you. Just submit a ticket and they will look after it. Changing your name under the Billing Information section of your Dashboard will not change Linden Lab's records on your account information, only Support can do this on request.

The ticket category is Account Issue > Change Account Details.

When I first joined SL they used to ask for RL name on registration, they don`t anymore. The only time I have ever been asked it is just as a security question when contacting the billing number, so it won`t matter if its wrong so long as you remember whats on there. But as others have said, support can change it for you if you want them to.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.