I need a correct category. Will you help please?

Dougie Gufler

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I'm Dougie Gufler.  I've recently had a script de-listed from being in the wrong category and since I'm a little new at the trying to sell things and the marketplace, I am asking for you to give me a few ideas on what the correct category for my script may be so it won't be unlisted again.

This is what my script does...

With this script you can set the texture, color, and opacity of a collection of surfaces (group) in a linked prim set (usually a house or building) at once.  You could also make a set of instructions which will redecorate a collection of groups (theme), which could be the whole house, in seconds.  This is one script that lies in the root prim of the linked prim set.

Originally I had it listed in the   Scripts > Building Helpers  category, as I really truly at the time thought that is where it should be since part of building is making something look attractive.  However upon reexamination (being de-listed) and really thinking about it, I guess my script really doesn't help you 'build' since it doesn't do anything but change the looks of linked prims.  So with no texture or decoration related script category I chose to put it in the    Scripts > Other  category   as I thought Building Helpers was the closest match.

So my question to you is, doing what my script does, what would be a more proper or the proper category to place this in?

Thanks for taking your time to read this I appreciate it.  Also, double thanks if you decide to help me by giving your thoughts.

Sincerely,

Dougie Gufler

A ticket will not necessarily result in an answer to the question.

Assuming it does, we already know what that answer will be, so why wait for that?

But, sure... submit the ticket AND relist the item.

If it gets delisted again maybe you'll get an answer later telling you that it had been in the right category when it was delisted, if that's what you think you need to see.

That's what happened in my case, anyway.

I thought mine was already in the right category (which is why I put it there lol) but when I did a ticket to ask where it should have been I got an answer really fast from Dakota.  I can`t say I agreed it was a better category, but I moved it there and it never got delisted again.

Some of the categories are so vague I don`t think there is really a "right" answer, its just less hassle to put it where LL wants it lol :D

Glad to hear about the quick and effective response.

Dakota my have told you a different category because it saves the trouble of explaining how it was delisted from the correct category.

Either way, I'd go with Dakota's instruction, because after some Linden's alt who is competing with you flags it again and it gets delisted again, you have a better case for putting it straight back into the some category without giving it any more thought.

Yes my bench seat was delisted for being wrongly put in 'furniture ' Clearly not as much furniture like as the mini skirt that still i believe is the number one selling item of furniture so what do you do with things you sit on. My Castle in the castles catagory though does ok despite it not looking very much like the modern bed that it sits next to .

BTW the correct catagory for a TV is apparently skybox or medieval....I wonder if my bench would sell well in skirts.

I sympathise I really do.

Your bench would probably look a lot more like furniture if, like the skirt, it happened to belong to a Linden alt.

You notice how the Lindens, themselves are not bothering to say anything to me or to anyone else about these things when I keep saying them?

If they were sure that they had anything to say, why wouldn't they have said it by now?

If I were wrong, wouldn't I have crossed the line by now?

Wouldn't they have some kind of obligation to protect the company by shutting me up?

They haven't even said that the statements are "without any established basis".

What is implicit in their failure to say even that much?

What am I supposed to think?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.