Automatic Uploading?

Ashasekayi Ra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not exactly sure where to ask the question. It is a coding question but not directly related to LSL. So, if anyone knows a more appropriate forum to put it in, please let me know.

That being said, my question is about automatic upload. I have a project idea that would allow me to let a customer make a custom change to an item. This change would be sent to an external server and processed. After sending that change to my computer, I want to be able to upload that new file automatically to SL and send it to the customer. It seems the problem is uploading. I can't find any information on how to say use a bot to do the upload for me if I'm offline. Would it be possible to have a bot make an upload to SL?

Bots are basically stripped down versions of a basic Viewer. Anything you can do from the Viewer can be done by a Bot.

However .. you'll probably have to do the custom stripping and making of the Bot yourself .. unless someone is aware of one already built just for uploading.

if the resource is something like an image, then yes it's either manual or (hire someone to) create a bot that uploads images... in certain minor cases (like pictures on a wall) you may be able to just display them on a prim for the user using shared media. but in that rare instance you need to be aware that many users can't access shared media, and most that can do not have it on automatically. (incorporating shared media as the system used to create and purchase it would solve that problem)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.