I had over 16,000 items in my inventory, that are all now GONE. WTF happened?

ColeyAnna OHare

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I had over 16,000 items in my inventory, that are all now GONE. WTF happened? I logged in yesterday 8.10.2011 and my entire inventory is gone. All i have left are Demo's and a few random things. Most seem to be things that were free. Everything else that was paid for is now gone. I had almost every hairstyle from TRUTH, hundreds of outfits saved, none of which are there. Objects, hair, clothes, etc... everything is gone. I logged out & relogged for it to jump up to 7,192 ish items. Today on 8.10.2011 when i logged in its still the same. I did not do anything to cause this to happen. I have no idea what is going on or why. I saw that they were working an Inventory problem...but i dont know if its THIS problem. I've talked to all my friends, they still have all their inventories. But i do not. Can i get help? Can my things be recovered? Would i be reimbursed? I am so upset :( ~

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

Hey. It's ok. This happens from time to time.

Your things are not lost, they just aren't getting from the servers to you.

Best thing to do is clear your cache.

If you are on Viewer 2 go to Me > Preferences > Advanced and hit Clear Cache.

If you are on a different viewer, they may have a button called reset under preferences setup.

Do that, log out, log back in, wait for your inventory to load and you should be ok. If not, you may need to do a cache clear yourself of the files on your computer.

Basically, it just involves deleting the stored data on your hard drive that may have gotten jumbled.

Here's how to do that on Windows 7, its similar on other OS's also, minus the app data folders

To clear cache first enable view hidden folders by going to your control panel, folder options, view, show hidden files and folders.
Then go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife and delete the contents of that folder.
Then go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\SecondLife and delete the contents of that folder.
Go back to control panel, folder options, view, don't show hidden files and folders.
Restart your computer.
Open your inventory recent tab and wait for it to stop fetching.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.