Why does my main avatar have issues with clothing. but not my alt

Johndalla Vella

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi.. I have been here since 2007.. use my main avatar lost of the time. at the moment things look normal on my screen but not to others.. I try to change and either nothing happens as far as anyone else can see ( I can). or I have a completly different outfit on that what I have put on. and the outfit I have on to them.. will not come off and does not show to me in any way.. The issues just keep going on with the avatar.. If I come on with my alt.. everything is fine not an issue.. Maybe I have a bug of some kind in my main alt.. .I do not know.. I have clean installed ecte ct.. all to no availe. is there a solution that can allow me to go back to useing my normal avatar.. my alt is only used for emergencys .. like this.. ☺

Thanks if anyione can..

I have cleared cache.. have the alts cahche going into a different folder.. and nothing has worked.. if it was on my server wouldn't it effect both my avatars?

1 answer to this question

Hello, from the surface it sounds as if you are having cache issues.

Yes, that is the standard solution to any kind of issues but the reason I thought of it is

when we have different viewers that share the same cache location, the different viewers are drawing on the same location info

that is to say

do you use different viewers?

If you do, place each of their caches in different locations and you should alleviate most of your off clothing and appearance issues.

If you only use one viewer, clearing your cache should fix your issues as well.

If you need help with any of that, ask again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.