WhatWill Happen If I MoveMy MagicBox and add it to a Different Sim, Will I Lose all my info/items

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What Will Happen If I Move My Magic Box and Put it on A Different Sim, Will I Lose all my info and Objects ?

i'm thinking of geting a shop in sl ,but i'm kind of scared to move my magic box, because i'm not sure whats the process is to removing it then adding it to my new sim... will i have to restart everything? like relist my items on SL market ..or be forced to add my objects back into the box :/ ..can you tell me about what happen to you when you moved your box? and what you did ..so i dont mess anything up moving it.

if it does get  reset  should i  take all the items out of the box before reseting it?

i'm not  sure how it works. sorry

thanks!

Luxz Blessed wrote:

What Will Happen If I Move My Magic Box and Put it on A Different Sim, Will I Lose all my info and Objects ?

i'm thinking of geting a shop in sl ,but i'm kind of scared to move my magic box, because i'm not sure whats the process is to removing it then adding it to my new sim... will i have to restart everything? like relist my items on SL market ..or be forced to add my objects back into the box
:/
..can you tell me about what happen to you when you moved your box? and what you did ..so i dont mess anything up moving it.

if it does get  reset  should i  take all the items out of the box before reseting it?

i'm not  sure how it works. sorry

thanks!

Take a copy of it into inventory and rez it in-world at another location then synch your boxes. BTW this might be better in Merchant discussio9n area;-)

Hey, I'm always scared to adjust anything with magic boxes unless it can't be avoided. Preferably, keep both locations with a box, as if sometime the one region is having trouble, the other region's box can fill the gap. If you are just moving & closing down the old location though, here is how I would do it:

First, take a copy of your current boxes. Then rez the copied box at your new location. Until you take up the old one, the copy will just act as a backup.

Next, confirm on Marketplace site that both boxes are active. If you see both box active on the site, it is now safe to take up your old box. If you do it this way deliveries will run seamless throughout the process.

Good luck with your move, hope you experience no hiccups along the way.

Once you have a copy of your box up & running at the new place, you can safely delete your old box (or take it to inventory, never hurts to have an extra back-up of this kind of thing).

When you complete the move, if you are worried, you can perform a test delivery on a few products to ensure everything is working correctly.

I would just run your delivery from the box copy at the new location. There is no point running duplicate boxes at the same region. If you have access to any other regions (anywhere else you rent, share, or own), you can place copies of your boxes there also.

For each layer of redundancy you add, the more robust your delivery system becomes.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.