Newbe question skin vs shape

Mikemeg Ivanovic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The skin is the texture over the shape which also includes your make-up or body hair.  The shape is the actual wireframe of the shape of your body...height, size, head, nose and things like that are part of your shape.

One is the wireframe your avi is made of, the other is the texture that sits on that wireframe.

Taking into consideration what Chelsea said, some skins compliment shapes much better than others and vice versa.  The shape creator has done his/her research and quite possibly created the shape to go with those particular skins.  It is a great time and money saver that they provide that service. 

Once you get more involved with fixing up your avatar you will easily see that skin on one shape looks different than same skin on another shape.

I find this to be common with new bees,i get a lot in my shop and i have intercepted when i see them making a mistake ,this is the reason i find a radar so important,i can tell the age of an avy as happened the other day,

I saw a 0 day old avy buy 2 shapes,i knew right away they prob. did'nt understand the difference between shapes/skin.makeup so i went to the shop and asked her if she knew the difference regarding skins/shapes,she said she had'nt a clue,so i returned her money and helped her buy what she really wanted.

I also have a board at the shop entrance explaining the difference between skins/shapes and in our private change room i have many boards set up with info to help new bees

I think the big problem with those who don't understans the relationship between skins and shapes is they see the lovely face and think if they buy the skin they will look like that,but they would have to buy the shape also.

I include a shape with every skin so there is no room for disappointment,

I explain that that a shape is like it says,your body shape,it determines your facial features eg,size of nose ,eyes,lips,shape of face etc and body build

A skin covers your shape and comes in many shades of light to dark,and also a skin is the face makeup eg. lip color ,eye makeup,blush,

• 3 years later...

What is your shop's name? I've found a shape I like but am a bit confused about how this will work with skins to achieve the look I want. How do add on''s like eyes, lashes, hair... Work with the base shape? I know what I want to look like but not how combine shape, skin and other adds to achieve it. Could really use a personal shopper as a guide.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.