Nothing I auto-returned was sent back to my inventory. Is it lost in SL purgatory forever???

Kimmy Underwood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Look for a coalescent object in your lost and found folder (it looks like a broken cube). It contains all your returned objects and can have any name of the items included in it, or even can be called 'object'.

To retrieve your objects, go to a place where you can rez objects (a sandbox will do if you don't have land). Open 'edit terrain' and drag the coalescent cube to the ground. It will rez all your objects in the same position as the were when they were returned. Then pick them one by one and return them to your inventory.

I would never return objects from About Land unless absoutely necessary. If they do make it back to your inventory (which they sometimes don`t) they will be lumped together as one or more coalesced objects, which you then have to rezz again and take back the objects one by one, which you could have done in the first place, so it doesn`t save any time & it is risks you losing all your stuff, especially if there are no copy objects in there.

Check your lost & found for the most recent objects in there and that is probably them, occasionally they arrive the next day & as I say, sometimes they never arrive :(

Auto-return is absolutely the worst way to pick up everything on your parcel. It's like using a bulldozer to load your household goods into a dump truck. The only thing autoreturn is good for is clearing the land of a stranger's junk when you obtain a parcel, and even then, it's better to return the items individually.

As the others said, most likely you have some mis-named coalesced item(s) in your inventory's lost and found, that are those returned things. To res them, you'll need to be on a large parcel so your attempt doesn't overlap other people's land where you don't have rez permissions. And if there was even one Linden Plant in that mess, then the parcel you attempt to rez it on has to allow you to rez plants, too.

• Like 1

Kimmy Underwood wrote:

Help!  I auto-returned all the the items on my land so I could start over and rebuild and NOTHING was returned to my inventory.  Is it lost in SL purgatory forever??

Auto return never affects what you own on your land

so what you auto returned is returned to the rightful owners, not to you

RE : Dora

It is also possible to use the auto-return mechanism to do a "parcel return" that includes your own objects, as well as everyone else's. This has the same problems as auto-return, and is often referred to by the same name. I suspect the parcel owner actually did a "Parcel Return".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.