Problems With Environment Editor

Summer Logan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4334 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When 2.8 was intitally released I noticed the changes to the environment editor.  I tried to program in my favorite windlight setting and also created a day cycle with my saved sky setting. 

On the day cycle I had a custom sunrise, sunset, midnight and midday... After making and saving the day cycle I selected make this my current cycle. 

It worked UNTIL I went to world>sun>sunset Instead of it going to the sunset I had programed in to my day cycle it went to SL default sunset on the custom sky inside the environment editor. When I went back to midday it went to the default midday on the custom sky on the environment editor. 

I posed on the forums and Oz Linden responded at which I did his steps and it still didn't fix the problem that when you force sun position the editor takes you out of your day cycle and puts you into the default settings under sky. 

After the recent update this problem has still not been addressed and I'm still having the same problems.

All I want to be able to do is stay in my custom midday pretty much 99% of the time...using sunset/sunrise/midnight when the feeling emerges and then go back into my custom Midday. Why does the environment editor keep defaulting back to custom sky and default SL sun positioning?

THis is one of my problems concerning my region;  setting revert to default on there own.  This is happening on both my region and homestead.  Additionally textures on some items show a weird band but taken to another sim they are fine.  On top of this my settings won't let me have people into the sim which defeats the purpose of having one in the first place.  I've tried different viewers but the problem remains so I am assuming its second life side.  They say they are working to fix it but not sure what the it is. Was hoping the restarts would help but no improvement except it let people in for a short while but again yesterday and today no one can enter.   Glad to see I am not the only one with this issue.  On a side note I bet my tier gets taken out in a timely fashion. 

I must have misunderstood your question before, but what you are describing is the intended functionality....

The entries in the Sun menus are shortcuts to the Second Life default settings for those four fixed skys - they are not controls to change the time of day in the region.

If you want to manually switch between fixed skys that you have in your presets, then you must use the World>Environment Editor>Environment Settings dialog.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

• 11 months later...

Linden Labs needs to bring back the environment editor that allowed us to preset our own cycle as these pregenerated ones that havea fixed start are extremely wierd and seem to be more designed for RP sims. I therefor now feel that even though I like to have my land permanently set on a sunset for me to havea decent sky I must use the default settings that does not let me set the sunset time. I am force to use the preset sunrise, midday, sunset, midnight, or "estate time" even though I feel the first four are the extreme when I am wanting a more gradual that forces visitors to see my land how I want.

Dorian Schism wrote:

Linden Labs needs to bring back the environment editor that allowed us to preset our own cycle as these pregenerated ones that havea fixed start are extremely wierd and seem to be more designed for RP sims. I therefor now feel that even though I like to have my land permanently set on a sunset for me to havea decent sky I must use the default settings that does not let me set the sunset time. I am force to use the preset sunrise, midday, sunset, midnight, or "estate time" even though I feel the first four are the extreme when I am wanting a more gradual that forces visitors to see my land how I want.

The daycycle editor is still there. As is the Sky editor, and the ability to insert pre-recorded skies.

I'm not near a viewer right now, but it's something like World > Day Cycle > New Preset...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4334 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.