Linden plants + Atmospheric Shaders = EEK!

Gryphon Ronas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Logged in yesterday to find that Linden plants that are under water look 'plugged in' when atmospheric shaders are enabled. Like they have full bright and a truckload of glow or something. Disabling Atmo shaders reduces the effect to an extent, but when traveling over water, those plants (and nothing else) appear to be at the surface. And a bit too bright.

I've tried everything I can think of, including a rollback to an earlier viewer, and also tried both the current and an older version of Kirsten's. This is only happening on this computer, the other one is fine - still looks normal. Both computers use the same viewers, main difference being the misbehaving one has an ATI card, the other one is NVIDIA. Windlight settings don't seem to make any difference.

Seeing the issue with 2.7 and 2.8 - but nothing had been changed that I know of before the issue showed up. It was just there at login. I have also tried updating video card drivers, no change. Thought maybe it was a "BlueSteel" thing, but it happens the same on other server versions as well.

Any ideas?

Second Life 2.7.4 (235167) Jul  8 2011 11:39:10 (Second Life Release)
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ (2109.59 MHz)Memory: 2046 MBOS Version: Microsoft Windows Vista 32-bit Service Pack 2 (Build 6002)Graphics Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.872-110707b-122568C-ATIOpenGL Version: 3.3.10907 Compatibility Profile Context
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8q zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1J2C Decoder Version: KDU v6.4.1Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)Voice Server Version: Not ConnectedBuilt with MSVC version 1600

E.T.A.  :  I went back a touch more - 2.7.2 doesn't exhibit the nasty plant behaivior.  Of course, 2.8 didn't either till yesterday. Maybe I should blame it on the dog... He gets the blame for everythign else around here.  

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.