The resident who provided the previous content, if any, has replaced it with this generic statement.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I read some of these TPV's haven't been updated in like a year and a half.  I have no idea what's going on, but I'm sticking with V2 just as I started unless mesh is too difficult to work from me.  If mesh is too difficult for my computer and the LL V2 viewer, I may have to go with Firestorm, I think it's called.  Only time will tell what's going on here as there are so many different opinions and I have no idea how difficult this mesh thing is going to be for my computer.

Windows wasn't really designed as a 3D platform.  Windows is designed to be a sort of compacted filing cabinet, or was designed to replace the filing cabinet.

The early Mac's and other Mac's were more designed with 3D modeling in mind.  Bill Gates needs to catch up, imo. 

In these terrible ecomonic times, I'm not so sure it is a good idea to do this mesh thing and/or get rid of these other viewers as most people can't afford to update their OS right now just to include mesh. 

I have to agree with you, but add more... it should be our right to know.  Or maybe not... as not all these are not LL viewers but third party viewers.

However, in our right to know, it should be spelled out if older pc's can even run mesh before we start spending a lot of money on SL items, and then get the BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH. 

I think I'll hold off on major purchases until we get more info on this as my computer may not be able to even handle this mesh thing? 

If I were LL, I wouldn't have gone with mesh in this economy.  I would have created off shots of SECOND LIFE, and called these offshots SINGLE LIFE (a separate platform just for seriously looking singles) and MUSIC LIFE (music life could have gotten the backing of I Tunes and other things; it would/could have been great.) 

great idea... you know in Asian cultures they have this Hungry Ghost and Dead Ancestor worship that are being held every year. I suppose I can come and visit this forum every year and pay my respect by lighting a candle and bringing in dead chickens to pay tribute to the death of predecessor of Viewer 2. You all can come and mourn or cry with me of the past for a short while.

No.. I disagree with the last name. It should be 'Dead Ancestor Worship' not 'Memorial'. We're not just gonna be throwing in flowers here but a real worship thru candles and dead chickens... flowers are not hardcore enough for ex-V1 diehards.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Can we have a sub-forum for the eventual end/demise/death/turn-off/killing/failure-to-launch/fading-away of Viewer ONE?

It's a topic that gets lots of action.

There's plenty of interest.

It's sometimes hard to locate all the related threads now.

A separate sub-forum would be a convenient place to put the announcement when the time comes.

Perhaps LL will come out with a blog announcement that will dispell all the rumours, and actually lay out what is ahead for we SLers. But who am I kidding? This is LL we are talking about.

I am simply holding back on any further purchases of anything in SL, be it land, houses, clothing etc., since it might be simply money down the drain when SL is finally completely torqued for me.

I haven't written one of my own blog articles about SL for months now, because Viewer 2, and my experiences with it and if it becomes THE only viewer to use, which I believe it will eventually will come to, simply uninspires me. I am fast losing interest in everything to do with SL. Only those relationships I have formed over the years within SL are of any interest to me. Those I will keep through other means of communication - perhaps in another virtual world that will not become a mesh that SL is becoming.:matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

I have to agree that with the increasing numbers of rumors and FUD concerning the "end" of the 1.x viewer series it's time for LL to stop playing coy and give us some official information, assuming they even have an idea.

Is it too much to ask for some kind of a timeline/roadmap blog post? Even something tentative and filled with disclaimers would be better than silence from the Lab and the subsequent rumors rushing in to fill the vacuum.

I understand that things may be in flux at the moment and the powers that be want to manage expectations, but remaining silent while FUD is starting to spread isn't the answer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.