Help!! I cannot login/launch SL and it's been several days now. Everytime I launch SL,

tiffiecole

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello,

I cannot login/launch SSL and it's been several days now.  Everytime I launch SSL, it starts loading - like it's going to start, then a crash logger box comes up and then everything goes away.  I have submitted a ticket to Linden and the answer I got back was that since I'm not a preferred customer, they cannot help me and to look through all the questions and answers to try to figure out the solution myself.  I have done this! 

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling SSL, going through and reading ALL the questions and answers, trying different browsers, restarting my computer several times, etc...

I receive no error message at all when trying to launch.  I try to launch/login and then nothing happens.  I don't know what else to do.  It seems like I've tried everything and I really need some help!  I am desperate.  Someone please help me!

Thank you,

Tiffiecole

1 answer to this question

Let me suggest two things.  First, if you are on a wireless connection, see if it helps to switch to a direct cable connection.  Many people have trouble gwetting a stable connection to SL when they are on wireless.  Even on a private router, there's enough interference from cell phones, garage door openers, and home appliances to interrupt the signal and make you crash.

Second (this is where I bet the problem really is), check your firewall settings.  Unless you have made an exception for SL in your firewall software, it will block you from running the viewer.   See http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/How_do_I_configure_my_software_firewall_%28such_as_Norton_Internet_Security,_McAfee_Personal_Firewall,_or_ZoneAlarm%29%3F for instructions on how to do it.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.