Ordered gifts haven't arrived. Next step?

SoldierMouse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So the 16 items I ordered in two group purchases haven't arrived at their destination yet. I have a few questions regarding that. 

The first of which is, if the receiving player was offline at the time and has a lot of those group notices, would that have effected it some how? And the second question is, is it necessary to send a message or notecard to every seller on that list? or is there a way to have the entire order looked at and retrieved. I mean, one or two undelivered things I can understand having to track down the seller for, but 16? Thats going to be quite a lot more waiting than I'd imagined marketplace requiring.

Anyone else having this issue, and if so, how long did you wait before you decided they weren't coming and you acted to have your money refunded or had the items sent again?

2 answers to this question

I'm afraid you indeed will have to IM each seller. Before doing so, check your purchase history in your marketplace account (order history) and see if the items are marked delivered, queued for delivery or failed.

If delivered, copy/paste your transaction number and yes, send a notecard to each merchant asking politely for redelivery.

Your friend being offline at the moment of your purchase may not be the cause of the failure but rather because you filled your cart too much. The more items at the same time, the more delivery failures. Buy one by one, it is safer. Longer maybe but delfinately safer.

Yes, the cause if your delivery failure is twofold:

1. First, you overloaded the shopping cart.  That software is notoriously easy to confuse when you order too many things at once.  I rarely order more than one thing at a time myself, and generally recommend that people stick to fewer than a half dozen.

2.  More seriously, you were not in world to receive the products.  Each SL resident has a "in box" that holds any IMs, group notices, group invitations, notecards, or objects that have been sent while the resident was off world. That "in box" is capped when it reaches 25 items.  After that, it reuses to accept any more.  Non-deliverable items are not saved.  They are deleted .... gone.  Normally this is not much of a problem for most people, because most of us have our IMs (the biggest number of deliverable items) forwarded to e-mail.  If you order a huge pile of Marketplace items and are not in world to receive them, however, your in box can be clogged immediately, forcing many of the items to be lost.  NEVER order Marketplace items unless you are in world at the time.

To get a record of the individual items in your order, open Marketplace and click the My Marketplace menu at the top of the page. Select My Account >> Order History from the pulldown menu. If you do not receive items within about 24 hours, you should cut and paste the information about a missing item from that Order History and send it in a IM or notecard to the merchant, along with a polite message requesting redelivery. Most merchants are very kind and willing to redeliver. This happens all the time and they are aware of it. Do be patient, though. Not everyone logs in to SL every day or checks their e-mail. If you still haven't heard in another day or two, follow it up with a second polite note and finally, if you STILL haven't heard, file a support ticket at https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ , selecting Marketplace from the pulldown menu.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.