Documentary With Second Life Link Gets Emmy Nomination

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Excellent!  Thank you so much for sharing that! 

Makes me think of the Appalachian people today as I've heard many of their stories of hardship before.  I think about them quite often as a matter of fact.  How we can resolve some of the extreme poverty that exists in the Appalachia I have no answers for, however as I'm not rich.

I remember reading a book as a child called "Christy" I believe it was, and I feel instantly in love with the Appalachian people ever since through that book experience.  That book Christy had a huge influence on my life, so I always remember these people!   Wonderful people with huge hearts!  

It was also great to see them dancing in the video or machinima because that's how incredible those people are.  They endure such hardship everyday, but still take the time to dance.

You might enjoy reading the book Christy, or if and when you have children, I'm sure the would enjoy that book. 

The following link is all I can find right now on the book, and it is a true story.  I thought it was a terrific book!  ETA:  I didn't know this was a TV show.  I'm going to have to check that out!  It could be somewhere on some channel in reruns. 

http://tvshow_christy.tripod.com/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.