Account Overdraft

Oneeko

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Alright, to begin i'll let you all know what happened, then ask my question.

Basically, I had purchased 2.71$ worth of lindens this past weekend, thinking I had the money in my bank account. However, I sometimes have a memory of a goldfhis and had completely forgotten about purchasing something at work about a day before that, and since my online statement didn't show anything regarding that, I didn't think twice about donating for the lindens.

Well, as it so happens, I got overdrafted for the 2.71$ and on my bank statement it says it was "Sent back".

My question is this: For that 2.71$, will SL simply take back the 600L, or do you think they will go as far as banning my account over it?

I've corrected the issue in my bank just this morning (paid the overdraft fee, as well as the 2.71), but I dont know if that will make a difference.

I know this is 100% my fault, so I dont want to hear things like "thats your fault, too bad you should have been keeping track of your money elsewhere". So if that is what you're going to respond with, then please don't even bother.

Anyways, if anyone could shed some light onto what may happen to my account because of this, that would be great. <3

1 answer to this question

The absolute best way to get an answer is to call the LL Billing Offfice and ask.  Mistakes happen and this is a fairly minor one, so you're not likely to be banned for it, but only an accountant can  tell you what the protocol is.

Toll-Free (US/Canada)
Long-Distance

LL's Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Local Toll-Free numbers

* France: 0805.101.490
* Germany: 0800.664.5510
* Japan: 0066.33.132.830
* Portugal: 800.814.450
* Spain: 800.300.560
* UK: 0800.048.4646
* Support is in English Only

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.