I have been billed twice for my annual membership once from my balance and once from paypal!

Colourful Undertone

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

In June I started to receive email that my account was overdue...I thought this was strange because I had previously always renewed in July. The account got locked and I was able to call your help desk to get it unlocked to pay after selling my Lindens.

This past week I noticed that PayPal had also made a payment of $53.31.

I'm also unable to find the phone number that I used last time to talk to someone about it.

Has it been removed or am I missing it?

Could someone please refund the amount back to my PayPal account and ensure that my renewal date is July?

Thank you for your time.

Norma

2 answers to this question

Have billing issues? Give us a call.

Note that phone support is for billing issues only. If you're having technical issues, please use technical support.

Billing support phone numbers

Toll-Free (US/Canada)

Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Local Toll-Free numbers
  • France: 0805.101.490
  • Germany: 0800.664.5510
  • Japan: 0066.33.132.830
  • Portugal: 800.814.450
  • Spain: 800.300.560
  • UK: 0800.048.4646
  • Support is in English Only

That $53.31 can't be for your annual membership which is $72, so if it says it is from Linden Labs it must be for something else. Contacting billing would of course be the way to go.

HOWEVER, there have been recent (last week that I know of) occurrences of fraudulent billings  AT PAYPAL for amounts close to that (in the case I know of $41 and $55) so this could be something completely different. Check up on the details of that charge and if it isn't one you authorized, contact Paypal immediately. Also, unless there was money in your Paypal account, it is unlikely that the charge went through.

IMPORTANT EDIT: I just talked to my RL friend and while Paypal originally told him the charge would not go through, it did to a point. There are two or three days for the fraudulent folks to back up their "sales" claim which of course they cannot. Then Paypal will (in theory) return the money from the BANK. This is so not good and I am glad that you wrote about this issue as it appears to be more prevelent that one would suspect.

Heading off to change my Paypal password and security question.

At least that was the case of my RL friend.  A good reason not to keep "cash" in your Paypal account these days.

Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.