DNS server errors

Daine Restless

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've reset my DNS servers to the recomended ones I saw on here, Downloaded new veiwers, even went to comand prompt and cleared the DNS server cache, and nothing works. I still get DNS server errors when I try to log in and I'm starting to get very frustrated, please help.

Edit: to the first answer I got on here: None of those solutions have worked for me. Thank you for the tip but is there anything else? My internet is directly connected from the wall to the computer. My wireless router stopped working last week so I cut that out of the system. I used command prompt to clear the cache of DNS servers earlier but no effect. Unplugged my connection for 3 minutes and replugged, no effect. restarted computer, no effect. inputted the suggested DNS servers manualy, no effect. Is it something with updates perhaps? I have absolutly no idea. I need help otherwise I'll be out a lot of money that I invested in SL.

2 answers to this question

Hey,

Try making sure #1 you dont have it in cache..clear it #2, make sur eyou have nothign in yoru hosts file, #3 try opening a cmd prompt and pinging anyting...if you get no dns resolution...Then you may also have some kind of firewall..probablly software...try turing it off and pinging again...if you still get no DNS resolution by say pinging www.microsoft.com or some other website then it is probablly your router or ISP.  And lastlly...make sure you have NO static entrys in yoru IP stack like manually setting an ip...go to yoru cmd prompt window and type ipconfig/all  If the config says STATIC or manual then someone has manually enter IP address information probablly wrong.  GO into it and change it all to DHCP.  IF after all that...then yes..it is probablly your router or ISP that isnt giving DNS reoslution.  Goodluck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.