I am being pulled up to the sky and none my controls work

daivedo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4670 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am being pulled up to the sky and none of my controls work, If I teleport I go there but still floating up. did someone cast a spell on me, how long does it take for the spell to go away? Even manually setting my altitude woks very shortly and I am back floating again, can a person cast a spell on me without my permission?

This used to be an occassonal problem.  The last time I experienced the problem was probably 4 years ago.  It was a problem with the sim.........something about "gravity".  A sim restart fixes it.  I'm not sure this is your problem.  Does it happen in any other sim?  When you TP out of the sim and you hold down the "page down" key does it stop?  If that is the case a sim restart should fix it.......if it happens everywhere, I'm at a loss.  Maybe log out, reboot you computer and log back in.

You attached something probably. Just detach scripted items one by one until it goes away is what I would suggest. Its called llSetBuoyancy, though other functions could do it, too, like llSetForce and llPushObject and llApplyImpulse.

Unless it only happens in one sim, then its probably an object using llPushObject on you.

if you are in the walking animation this is a symptom of a griefer attack item, tp to a different location and it will usually stop

if you are in the falling animation, it's usually a smptom of being caught inside a prim (usually a mega prim) which is sometimes a griefer tactic, and other times just accidental

if it's with you even after you teleport to a new region it's something you are wearing usually and you should detach all those things and TP to another region before adding them back one at a time (trick item)

I had this happen last night.  I was on a land that looed ok to enter, but then I got the "leave in ten seconds or you'll be tp'd home" crapola from a security orb.  And I was laggin' pretty heavy to begin with, that always happens at the worst moment lol, so next thing you know I'm home, and see my place for a split second...then suddenly I see the grey-brown sky, the coordinate bar says the name of the plot of land I'd previously been on, but the region says my home region (the two places are on different continents), and the numbers said something four digits long by for digits long, and a height of 89.  I clicked on tp home to no avail, and even had a friend try to offer me a tp to her place.  Nothing worked, so I logged out, logged in again, and it was fixed, with me at home.

Try unpluging your computer, hurling it around your head seven times while holding nothing but the power chord, while singing the Numa Numa song and dancing the hula. :womanvery-happy:  If that doesn't work, call Linden...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4670 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.