Help Recreating Scripted Objects Inside a House

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been away from SL for some time. I created a very nice flying home with scripted chairs and many features. Now that I have returned the scripts no longer work and the "prims" are invisible. I can see the form of the chair but not sit in it. Trying to click on some of the objects I placed in side my flying box just leads me to click on the entire structure. So While I can see objects I made in their place their scripts no longer work and they are transparent without solidity. The flight controls work and my barstool and pilot chair are fine. I did not create those. But any of the interior objects I produced no longer function.

Any suggestions on how to go about fixing this? Can it be fixed or will I have to rebuild from scratch?

I can think of disconnected events that might account for some of that wierd behavior (someone set your sim/parcel to No Scripts, for example), but most of it makes no sense at all.  Just how long were you gone from SL?  Long enough that you are still using a truly ancient viewer -- maybe one that got borked too? 

If you haven't already done it, I'd suggest downloading and installing one of the current viewers (LL's V2 or Firestorm are the two I'd recommend, since we're all headed down the V2 road pretty soon anyway).  Do a manual, complete installation by deleting all SL folders from your hard drive before you install the new viewer.  That will get rid of any odd stuff in cache, will wipe out the local copy of your inventory (which is possible messed up too), and will force a rebuild of both. 

Keep your fingers crossed.  If this works, you could have your house back without any more work.  If it doesn't ..... well, at least you'll have an up-to-date viewer.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for tips.

I downloaded the latest viewer again. Seems my objects work when I sit in the pilot's chair or when other people try and use them. Weird. I had no trouble sitting etc., when I first put the objects in and linked them to the house. Oh well might be a viewer problem or just bad editing on my part. I still have orginals and will try again and see what execatly the issue is.

Well, the relatively easy part of the problem is the sitting part.  My guess is that your sit animation scripts are all in child prims (as they should be) but that the scripts don't include a command that says llPassTouches (FALSE). That command is used to prevent the child prim from letting the rest of the link set know that someone has touched it. Without it, the default is that a touch on any prim is felt by the entire linkset.

The hard part -- the part that puzzled me in your OP and still doesn't make sense to me -- is the part about the prims being invisible and their scripts being non-functioning.  It sounds as if something has happened to change prim properties on selected parts of your house, but I don't have a clue what it might be.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.