My avi wont load her clothing onto other peoples computers but she is clothed on mine

Xaashli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My avatar  wont load her clothing on other peoples computers,  but she is clothed on mine and it seem just to be the clothing on her.   Her shoes hair  ears tail and skin work just fine but her clothing will just not show up.  Now I tried everything what people say and it still hasn't helped I have tried character test and I have cleared everything I  unplugged my internet she still wont load her clothing please help me

3 answers to this question

Find where your cache is located by going to the tab in your preferences and copying the cache location for your installation on your computer.  Close the viewer and navigate to that location on your computer and manually delete all the files and folders location in the final folder listed in that path.  Next, if you don't have another viewer download on the the approved third party viewers and install it...........if you already have one then lauch that viewer, locate the cache location and manually delete the same files and folder found in the final folder that path takes to you (if you have more than two..........do the same for every viewer you have installed on your computer).

Launch the viewer you just installed (or one of the viewers that you haven't recently logged in with).  Change your log in location ("Start location") to one of these sims:  Pooley, Aqua, or Smith (there are others but those are the ones I remember).  When you log in you'll be in an underwater sim with no builds, scripts or much of anything.  Move away from the landing point a few steps, open your inventory and watch your item counter (if it hasn't started, in the search box type the letters "a", "b", "c", etc. until the counter starts.  Wait for everything to get fetched.........it can take a while.  TP home (or where ever it is that you normally log into) and log off.  Launch your preferred viewer (makes sure your "start location" is your home or wherever it is that you normally log in to is correct.  Log in.  It will take a few seconds longer for everything to load since your cache folder has to completely reloaded.  Ask a friend to come see if you are rezzed correctly.

When you can see your avatar correctly and others can't your cache is generally ok.

What happens with avatars is a unique situation in SL. Your computer downlaods all the textures for your skin, hair, clothes, and etc. and then renders them on the avatar. So, if you look ok to yourself that happened correctly. The viewer then "bakes" a new texture that is a composite of your skin, clohtes and etc. That new texture is uploaded to SL for everyone else to see. This is done to save everyone having to load shirt, jacket, pants, etc and build their own composite.

Something in the upload is failing. It may be your connection. Test that at SpeedTest.net. Also look at your Viewer Stats (Ctrl-Shift-1). You are looking for high PING and Lost Packet numbers. 250ms and higher is not good, 2% and higher lost packets is not good.

If you are using a Thitd Party Viewer (TPV), you probably have the choice to use or not use HTTP Get Texture, a setting in Prefernces (it is better if you have HTTP Get enabled). You can try changing that setting. After you change it, do a rebake (Ctrl-Alt-R). Wait 5 minutes and repeat. It can take 3 tries. Have a friend tell you if you rendered. Do this in a deserted region, the less stuff and people the better.

And... as bizzare as it sounds, change your active group. Which group doesn't matter, just that you change groups.

The links to the other infromation are good. If these quick fixes are not working, defintely try them. I wrote a set of fixes and explanations for avatar render problems that is here: Avatar Render Problems: Ghost Cloud Smoke Ball Ruth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.