I'd like to know if my computer will run SL or not. (I have not installed it yet)

TurboChu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My computer is a HP-Compaq 110c-1105DX mini netbook.

CPU: Intel Atom N270, single core; 1.6GHz

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950; 400MHz

2GB RAM

Would it run on my netbook?  And if it will, would it run smoothly, or would I encounter alot of slowdown?

2 answers to this question

These are the system requirements:

https://secondlife.com/support/system-requirements/

If your system meets those it should run SL, if it exceeds them it should run it better. SL has various settings that you can adjust to improve performance versus quality of graphics. However, if it does not even meet the minimum requirements, you will encounter much sorrow.

• Like 1

You want an answer..........and I'm going to say "NO". 

That computer (and all netbooks) are not designed for much more than word processing, email, and light web browsing.  Streaming videos is about the most those computers are capable of with any performance at all.  I doubt SL will even launch.  If you do get it to launch it won't log in............and on the off chance you do log in, you'll crash.  You need a computer that is, at least, in the mid range for anything close to usuable for SL.  All you'll get is disappointment............get a cheap desktop or a higher end laptop if you want to use SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.