What is the Search Engine status?

Oct Oyen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Does any one know what is the status of Marketplace Search Engine? Ever since LL converted Xstreet to Marketplace, its search engine has been a " working process". 9 months later, 80% of relevance result has nothing to do with the keywords. For example, I searched "candles" and only 1 out of the first 12 result is actually candle related listing. Others are sofa, balloons...etc. I've pretty much given up inworld search engine, and now it looks like Markeplace search engine is going to improve any time soon. The feedback I got from ticket is " Search engine is working fine" and they did not answer my question about the status of fixing the search engine. I hope some one can shed some light on this.

I've not seen these issues especially if you use the Itemized Indexing within each product group.  In world search is retuning relevant data as well however, the database can only show what is entered and if a merchant does not enter their information correctly, set up the objects correctly and tries to game the system will more than likely show irrelevant returns.

As an example: If you search Candles in Marketplace, you will get any return that has anything to do with a candle, shirts with candle patterns, a candle on a table, a candle texture, etc.  However, if you go to Home and Garden>Lighting>Candles, then you will get a more relevant return.

Marketplace search is very poor, but it is hampered by lazy sellers who clearly are not putting in the right keywords. I have often searched for items and seen that they come up only on a very specific keyword.

Then again i see a good few sellers who can apparently make a great item, but who cant spell and cant be bothered to edit their product info, or even fill it in properly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.