Upload model problem

SirWaclaw

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4768 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I have one thing to ask.

I wanted to try send a model on SL.

So I created one in max, exported to dae (or dea don't remember now).

So, from what I found, I need to be on mesh sandbox on aditi, so I go there, choose upload model and on this point, I could see preview of my model, clicked upload and... here is a problem, I can't see it in objects folder and meshes folder doesn't exist. Also, I can't see my model in recent item.

So, I find out, I need another viewer (development one), but in this one, on mesh sandbox I doesn't have option to upload model, only animation, sound etc.

So how you uploading models guys?

Oh dear. Wev need a sticky for this stuff (assuming it's the same one again).

You need the lates mesh viewer (done).

You need to be on a mesh region (lookup "mesh" on nworld map) (done?)

The model upload options only appearv in the build menu if you are on a parcel where you have build permission. This was more recently introduced. Old viewers may show the options, but cannot uplaod meshes because they predate a change to the streaming format. Not all the mesh regions on Aditi have public build permission. In particular, the Mesh City regions have build permission restricted to the closed beta group. If you don't see the model upload options, go to another region called "Mesh Sandbox ..." and look in About Land to see whather you have buid permission, If you do, the you should see the model upload options.

Something else people keep forgetting to mention is that your mesh needs to obey things like the 64k limit on vertices.  The uploader will not give you an error message as to why it did not upload a mesh.  Unless the Lindens have actually fixed something recently.  So you need to be aware of what the limitations are and if your mesh violates them. 

So I need there them too? I read that is free there.

So That could be a problem because, I don't have any.

I could say you solve my problem, but there is another thing. In upload menu, I have things like animation, but is dark gray so I can't click on it.

Sorry to tack onto this post, but I can't find a NEW post button or link anywhere.

Is there a simple guide to uploading a skinned avatar? I read the wiki, I downloaded a mesh viewer, I bought some Linden money. What else do I need?

The wiki articles each start with "Go to build > Upload...." etc, but don't tell you where to actually begin with something such as "Download this, install it. Go here and change something else. Wait 24 hours. Log back in. go here, do this". Etc.

I can't log into ADITI because it won't take my username/password. How do I change that? The wiki for each of these items is confusing. Please help. I don't want to invest a career in using this software just to test it. LOL

Thanks!

SirWaclaw wrote:

When I try to bulk:

1. I  can't bulk models

2. I can't bulk anything else because of lack of L$ on preview grid.

Also, this will be lame, but can't find on google how to get them.

#2. Oh, I had the impression Drongle had sent you some Aditi Dollars, when you wrote he solved your problem. My mistake. Sent an IM to Oskar Linden on Main Grid. He can give you Aditi Fake Dollars.

#1. Sure not.Though, sometimes the upload options are greyed out and only Bulk is available. Uploading an image with Bulk brings back the other options then.

My viewer came with L's when i logged onto Aditi. This isn't true for everyone?

Also, to the OP if you still have problems even with this latest fix, take a screen shot of what your seeing when trying to upload.It might help us to understand what your talking about easier than reading your english. :smileyvery-happy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4768 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.