Land group ownership

Melusina Parkin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I know that a group can own 110% of contibuted land.

What does it mean? Is 10% tier free?

I can increase my allocation tier up to 40 $, to buy some land a friend is leaving. They are about 800 sqm more than the 8704 (8192+512) i can cover with the 40 $ tier. I created a group to own land: can my friend donate the whole amount of land to the group, if i keep tier allocation only at 40$?

The math would be:
40% tier = 8192 + free 512 = 8704
land to own by the group = 9568
8704x110% = 9574

Is this right?

2 answers to this question

Yes you have the math right.  The trick is trying to execute the sale so that you don't get a temporary tier bump in the first month.  However, that may be tricky and here's why.

First, just to be clear, you do not actually donate land to a group.  You donate tier to a group in order for the group to then own the land.  A group can own the land through the process of deeding that land to the group.  You can deed land to a group before you donate land tier to that group, but you have to make sure that you get enough tier donation to the group within a 24 hour period to cover the land owned by the group or you could loose the land.

So what alot of people would do here would be the have the friend who is leaving place the land up for sale to be purchased by the group.  This could be a HUGE mistake if it is being sold real cheap as a land bot will grab it.  You can specify a land sale to a specific avatar but you CANNOT specify the sale to a specific group.  So you need the friend set the land for sale to you and have you buy the land for the group using the Buy Land for Group option.  You can also buy it for yourself and then deed it to the group, but that's where you will take a one month higher tier payment because the 110% doesn't apply until the tier donations are in the group.  So you Buy Land for Group, knowing you don't have the land tier available and then immediately get the tier necessary to cover the righ amount of land.  That way you shouldn't get hit with the extra tier.

--Cinn

• Like 1

You have the calculation almost correct, but the total is actually 9664sqm, because your 10% bonus is also deeded to group, so you get 10% of that too and then 10% of that 10%.

The bonus for 8704 would be 870+87+8 = 965. Since the smallest parcel you can buy is 16sqm only 960 could be used, so that makes the total 8704+960= 9664

The easiest way to do it is to manually type in your contribution of 8704 into the box on the land tab of the group and you will see "availabe land" 9669 appear above it and you then use the "buy for group" option when you purchase the land.

Find the land before you make the contribution change if it is going to increase your tier level, so that you don`t start paying the higher tier before you have the land to buy. If you don`t find a parcel to fit your exact land available, buy up smaller parcels on the same sim for the rest & leave them empty, that way you can use their prims on your main plot.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.