A Question About Adjacent Parcels With Different Maturity Ratings

Hello all.  Apologies if this has been answered before, but searches did not produce an example, so I decided to ask.

I understand the restrictions on Adult activity on Moderate land (must take all precautions to keep it 'behind closed doors' such as restricting access and blocking visibility), and that these restrictions are not required on Adult land.  But how are adjacent parcels of different Maturity ratings handled?  If there is an Adult parcel next to a Moderate parcel, are there no required restrictions on the Adult parcel?  What about Moderate next to General?  The Maturity Ratings only seem to apply to activities and displays within that parcel, and as long as the parcel allows for that activity, it is permitted?

Thanks!

As far as I know, Maturity ratings only apply to the parcel they're on. On mainland it's possible to have Moderate content - such as nude pictures in a gallery - next to a General rated sim. Adult regions can't be on Mainland except Zendra, but a private estate can have an Adult region next to a Moderate or General region.

As someone with general mainland right by a moderate region, it really hasn't been an issue. The moderate people have to keep most stuff inside and often set land so you can't see the avatars on it. I suppose there's a slim chance of a nude gallery or the like, but a fence is usually enough to add a barrier. The only time there was public adult stuff near me, it was a general neighbour who put the stuff out (and that did break the rules).

Private estates usually have a buffer at maturity boundaries. In some cases, it might be worth having a sign telling people (like if you did have an adult region next to a general one, because that's not common and people might not realise). Not because these things are required by the rules. It's just most people try to keep to the spirit of the rules (giving people control over what content they want to see).