seams or no seams on textures

Greetings all i am new to texting clothing. i have getting seams with textures i have bought off second life market place or from other sites.. one of my biggest problem is my works seem to have seam on them. try many ways to fix . 

here is what look like in second life. https://gyazo.com/2d5ce7249e6b16cf08cf9a6ac6cd496a

https://gyazo.com/8bc27653bbdf4cac5cdca6443ed351da

oh odd thing is that when use solid textures colors they don't have seams

also using photoshop to make the texture from the AO files i save on my pc

at this point of time i am thinking stop using textures for AO and switch to solid colors 

• Like 1

That looks like a seam in the mesh. You can see it when you use a texture because it breaks the pattern; with a solid color you can't see it. But it's just kind of a necessarily evil with a lot of clothing. They have to put the seams between faces somewhere, and it's not always where you want them lol. A lot of times people will just say "screw it" and have a pattern not match perfectly. Or you can sometimes line it up, with a lot of time spent in Photoshop.

You also eventually kind of start working with each template's strengths and weaknesses. So maybe that dress with a seam right down the middle front is good with solids or a small print, but doesn't look good with a big print. Or that dress where the front and back are perfectly aligned horizontally is terrific for that horizontal stripe texture you've been wanting to use. 

tl:dr it's a pain but just keep experimenting until you like the results or at least can live with them lol.

It is most likely a seam in the UNWRAPPING of he mesh (not actually an issue with the mesh itself.  

Most textures sold on the marketplace are TILING and SEAMLESS meaning that if you put them on a cube and then change the repeats to be something different than1, the texture would still flow smoothly.  

MESH however has to be divided into areas for texturing and depending on what the designer did you will have issues. Reasonably in most cases you wouldn't have a seam in the front or the back of a garment (like a top) but have the seams on the shoulders and along each side --- JUST like you would do if you were making a pattern for a top two sew with RL fabric (I taught sewing for many years in one of previous lives).  However, just like some garment in RL are made without much thought, mesh clothing templates can be the same.  

So most likely NOT the texture but the way the garment was "cut" into "pieces" during the mesh making process. 

So as said you will need to design around issue that show up. It probably won't take long to figure out who the better clothing template makers are.    

• Like 1