Why doesn't my entire screen view appear in my snaphot?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

One of my favourite things to do in SL is photography, but i have a small problem. 

I'm sure i read about this somewhere either here or on the old forums but i don't recall if there was a solution.  When i go to take a snapshot, what appears on my screen and what i get in my snapshot aren't the same.  The view has moved up a bit (quite a bit, actually) and the things that were at the edge of my screen are cut off (again, quite a considerable amount).  Yes, i could cam out to get more in, but then i'd have to further increase draw distance -- not all the time, but sometimes -- which isn't without its problems, too.  I don't want to whack it right up if i don't have to.  Whilst i've learnt to adjust for this anomalie, it remains a pain in the a***.  It doesn't seem to make any difference whether i use V2 or Phoenix.

Is there any fix for this?  Thanks!

I tried that in the past, Peggy, but it didn't change anything.  :matte-motes-frown: 

I had an idea that this problem had been mentioned before as a bug, but i could've imagined that.  I also seem to recall there was something SL related i could get or install that would fix it but, again, my memory is really hazy on it.  I think i must've been doing one of my 'all-nighters' when i read it or imagined that i read it.  *sighs*  

Not being facaetious; i really don't recall.  :matte-motes-bashful:

Hi, to check the first things first --

If you use the Ctrl+` for quick snapshots, or you most times use snapshot preview in the small view, open up World>Snapshot and open it up with the More button. Make sure that the size is set to Current Window, the automatic cropping can be disappointing with the preset resolutions. It almost always works better to crop by hand later in an editor.

Oh, Cerise!  You've just reminded me of another problem i have.  That rotten shortcut [Ctrl+`] has never worked for me. 

But, yes, i always have the 'more' thing open with the size set to current window. I also agree that cropping has to be done at a later stage.  I wouldn't like what i ended up with at all if i left it to the automatic cropping. :matte-motes-dead:

I seem to remember I had a similar (maybe even identical) problem..........it was a very long time ago and to be honest I've forgetten what was the actual cause of the problem.  I did resolve it going through all my preferences for both my video card/Windows and my viewer preferences.  That's why I suggested a resolution change to something other than your monitor's native resolution.  I know I also played with the viewer preferences.  I just checked mine on this viewer (V 2.6) and something the sparked a memory.  I had played with the UI size about the time I remember this problem.  Check yours and if it's anything other than 1.0 try changing it back to that default.

Maybe I'm grasping here.......but I don't think it's a bug.  Just some setting that got changed somehow.

OK, then do you have high resolution snapshots to disk switched on? That was a problem for some epopel for a long time, I don't know if it was ever really fixed.  The bug for that one is VWR-13630.

For the keyboard shortcut, maybe another program is capturing that combination. That key is also in a fragile character position, It might not work or it could be in an unexpected place if your keyboard differs much from the usual US layout.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.