Small guide how to get started on second life - for new residents

New Classic Avatars are Now Available in Second Life! - Featured News -  Second Life Community

Second life and you;

This will get you started easily, since  probably there isn't any thread like this i started second life since 2009, and still learning.. i didn't know the forum exist back then so now i might just use this and share to new players maybe this little guide will  help your journey, the get know second life.

1) knowing what viewers are...

Second life have 3rd party viewers, but I'd recommend  "new residents" use  the stock viewer made by Linden labs, the reason why i say this.. the stock viewer will give you what you need to know  i.e. (exploring, basic buildings and all that good stuff),  the building part is still the same like any 3rd party viewer out there but i would say to new players experience the stock viewer first this will   make you appreciate how LL dev teams goes along away to make one that's friendly for new beginning residents.

3rd party recommended viewers to use after you know you way around on stock viewer.

• Firestorm  ( Everyday use)
  • Black dragon  ( for photography, it can be use on normal but i would use  this for photos)

2) learning how to put a better profile

About me and other cool stuff you put in your profile, most of  new residents i see often had blank. please take your time to introduce your self to all of us... Uploading picture cost 10$L

3)  go take  virtual classes  i.e ( scripting, building and other lesson)

Second life have wonderful classes you can take after you get used being around with people in second life usually a good time to take classes in SL is after 30 days.  if you do this , this will get you advantage on  being hired  doing commission or more.

4) Enjoy our time exploring.. literally explore everything in SL

Every second lifer have their hobby in real life somehow related  to their SL lifestyle for example  second life have card collecting hobby its pretty fun to do small little things to fill the time.

Dos and dont's

• - Respect is  a must in SL 
  • -  Do work with everyone in second life, to be successful in SL  teamwork is important we all big family after all
  • -  Just thread carefully.. read the rules a "Don't" is when a Resident not following sim rules. 
  • -  Do report important thing linden lab when you know there's a report abusing reports wont do good either...

Fun side activities you can do in second life

• Roleplaying
  • Virtual club
  • Building activities
  • Texturing
  • Making vehicles
  • Making  clothes 
  • Modeling for photos
  • And many more...

Quick Guide how to go around knowing SL

Added bonus guides for second life 

Video guides

i hope this small guide will  help you get started on second life, enjoy your time here and welcome to SL!

Edited by Lucifer Dimitriaski
phrasing fix
  • Thanks 1

• Lucifer Dimitriaski changed the title to Small guide how to get started on second life - for new residents
35 minutes ago, Lucifer Dimitriaski said:

Uploading picture cost 10$L

Just to let you know, uploading directly to.your profile from your computer using the drop down menu, is free.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1