%100 SRGB or %100 dci-p3 monitor laptop for design in SL

sRGB should be enough for content creation in SL.

While SL is likely to be able to support HDR output in future, the content standards used in SL actually require textures to be in sRGB space anyway.

It's also worth noting that DCI-P3 isn't really a color space that's used in computing - it's a standard designed for cinemas. Monitor manufacturers like to quote it because it's a smaller color space than the actual color space used in HDR (BT. 2020), so gives a higher % coverage.

In computing, the 2 major color spaces are sRGB and BT. 2020 (also known as Rec. 2020 ).

• Like 1

obviously doing anything web related or SL related SRGB is what you want. However, I have a nice older Dell monitor and switched to a BenQ 100% sRGB monitor, I also do alot of video color grading of SL footage. For me , absolutely zero difference. And of course, keep in mind almost all users are looking at web material - or SL, using a regular monitor, laptop or maybe tablet -  trying to squeeze that extra 1% of color space accuracy won't mean anything. Just get a good monitor with good specs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1