Music drops, but not sounds

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 65 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi.  Does anyone know why music on my home and in clubs will randomly stop, but when it does I can still hear sounds.  This is only happening with SL.  Does not do it when youtube is playing.  I have a new lenova computer.

It is not you or your hardware. It is the streaming service.
It depends on how the station you are streaming from handles things. That can be different from station to station.
If you get annoyed too much, just change to another station or another stream from that station.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, PaytonPITA said:

Does anyone know why music on my home and in clubs will randomly stop, but when it does I can still hear sounds

What kind of sounds? Your viewer has a mixer that can mix Object sounds, Streaming Music, Media Music, Ambient Sound, and Voice too if activated.  Turn all the volume controls but Music down by moving the Sliders to the far left.  You should not hear any sounds if the streaming music is interrupted then.  Media channel is a common source of sound if you don't have it blocked.  Dropouts from streaming music are common, depending on the quality of it's net connections to you.  That can happen anywhere in the network chain.

If you Mute the Master channel, you should hear silence as well, unless sounds are coming from another application outside of your Viewer such as your Browser.

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 1

If you're talking about streamed parcel music fading in and out, that's been happening for some 7 years now across 3 different computers and several ISPs. I do some lowkey DJing and it happens once or twice per set for me.

The viewer uses a premade library for handling audio streams and it's just configured weird or buggy, occasionally running out of data and fades out for a moment. Never found any good manual fix or explanation, and it's clearly not high priority on LL's list of bugs, dunno if it even happens for everyone.

Edit: parcel media/media on prim like youtube do not use the parcel audio stream, so they wouldn't suffer from that bug.

Edited by Frionil Fang
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 65 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.