i cant log in

Dawn Ciarelien

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I cant log in and after reading some of the previous replies i think it may be down to a group i joined this morning.  I have an alt that is working fine, logging in on all viewers, and ive uninstalled and reinstalled viewers to double check, i still cant log in, but i read about group characters causing a problem and the group i joined before i logged off this morning had strange characters in it. 

how can i leave the group when i cant log in, apart from on here?  i cant see a delete group option from my dashboard. 

thanks

2 answers to this question

Try logging in as your alt and then sending a IM to one of the owners of that group, asking them to eject you.  Explain the problem well enough so they know that you really are your alt.  Once they eject you from the group, you should be able to log in.  Then send the same person a thank you note, again so that they know that they did the right thing by ejecting you.

You might also try turning off the display of Name tags before logging in.  Me - Preferences - General tab.  Turn Name tags Off and also uncheck Group titles.

BTW if you try this and it works please come back and let us know.  I suggested this in a prior thread but so far there is no confirmation that this works for your problem.

--Cinn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.