... for the builders or experienced users of sailing ships.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 74 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello fellow sailers and creators of sailing ships.

I have a problem and hope someone could help me here, or a creator reads this and takes it as a inspiration for his/her products.

I lately discovered my interest into modern times sailing ships. I am gonna start to learn how to sail but all boats (even the high price ones) have (for me) the same issue.

When you have a partner like I do, it is not possible for  the partner to start the boat on his / her own, when I am as owner not around. Even when he / she has the allowence to manipulate my items.

We looked around a lot for a suitable ship, but couldn´t find anything, that can do this.

It seem to be a general problem how the scripts are made ?! I can´t imagine, that this is really such an issue to implement this feature. I guess, that also others have this problem ?

I am willing to pay a good price for a good quality ship ... it´s not a matter of L$ for me. But there is nothing to find on the market.

Does any creator maybe have the interest into solving this ? It could be a unique selling point ... 🙂

Any opinions on this ?

The problem is in LSL itself. Owner only is easy. Totally open for everyone is easy. Detecting who has permission to manipulate your items is impossible.

Which leaves only group (which requires group tags) or an access list of some kind. Both come with their own problems, and add several extra layers to any actual functions you put into the boat like clickable switches or buttons, for example.

hmmm ... yes. Group only would work, too. Creating a little group for close friends or the partner and me, would solve the issue, too.

I already have items that have what I meantioned. So it is possible.  There is a "white -list" for people who can operate it, too. Too bad that the boat creators don´t put this in their scripts. But it is highly unlikely that you bought a 4 KL$ ship, twice ... so it would be something the customers would love ?!

Now I only need the creators to do it ... 😝

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 74 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.