Is there any way to find out the length of an SL animation?

Estelle Pienaar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 76 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am planning to script an animation overrider. It would be great to let each animation play exactly as long as it is and not interrupt them after an x amount of time. However I cannot find any way to find out how long an animation is. Neither by script nor by any other means. That is certainly a big oversight by the Lab and the information certainly is available with the saved animation on the servers, but it does not get visible to the users. Or is there a way to make it visible?

Screenshot2024-02-11075119.png.78b89535f334c31e37f2af9ec9e42aeb.png

Yeah, that thread was from a couple years ago. As shown above, there's now a way to see more info about a playing animation in modern viewers. (That's the Linden PBR viewer, but the feature isn't that new so it's probably in most viewers currently used.)

There's often talk of figuring out a way to inform the sim about these details too, but I suspect that will await broader changes to animation.

• Thanks 3

On 2/11/2024 at 1:55 PM, Qie Niangao said:

Yeah, that thread was from a couple years ago. As shown above, there's now a way to see more info about a playing animation in modern viewers. (That's the Linden PBR viewer, but the feature isn't that new so it's probably in most viewers currently used.)

There's often talk of figuring out a way to inform the sim about these details too, but I suspect that will await broader changes to animation.

Thank you!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 76 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.