[SCRIPT NEEDED] Texture change + Details in post ...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 85 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have an art gallery in world and a Market Place store. My artworks are sold only once, every one a unique painting.

Currently, users can drop by in world and view the work in my gallery, and then (only) buy it on the store. The reason I am unable to sell a work in my gallery and on the MP is because you can not tie inventory count from the MP (where you have to specify you only are selling 1 copy) with an in world item. If it sold in my gallery there's a chance that I could inadvertently also sell the same one in my MP store, and therefore breaking my rule about only selling a piece once.

So my routine now is when a piece sells in the MP that's the easy part, it simply goes away since I listed it as 1 only. But when I see that, I have to then ASAP jump in world to my gallery and change the texture on the piece on the wall to (basically) a sold/thank you/new work coming soon texture. So I'm thinking that because the MP takes a % of the sale (they are only L350 but still ...) I would ideally want to only sell in world, but I'd like to automate that as much as possible.

Having a painting showing on the wall that when clicked sells the contents (a copy of the painting that includes a resize script in it) is simple, I understand how to do that. I do that for all the events where I have a booth and sell limited edition copies. The paintings themselves are simply 2x3 (or 3x2) flat birch 1 prim panels with one side with the texture of the art on it. The idea of automating the gallery sale is what I'd like to explore and see how difficult making a script would be, and what I'd need to pay someone for that work. Here's what I envision happening, the script part highlighted ...

Someone comes into my in world gallery, either by way of my group notice, or I might maintain a MP presence like rental agents with "zero" Linden listings that are simply LMs to my gallery in world. regardless, they come in and want to buy one of my available paintings. Great, they do the usual ... just click the painting, pay the 350 (or whatever price), and get the contents. That's the done/easy part.

What I'd like to happen at that point is for the painting on the wall to change it's texture that is being displayed on the front side from the artwork the person just bought to a "coming soon/thanks" texture I will have loaded into the contents of the one on the wall (not in the one that user just was delivered, that one only has my resize script in it's content). Otherwise it stays where it is locked to the wall, and now automatically displays that "thank you/coming soon" texture. Additionally, a gallery guest should not be able to not click and buy anything now, since the content in the one on the wall has been sold and should be gone.

That would automate the process for me and then I don't have to do that part manually, and perhaps have a painting hanging in my gallery that sold a day or two ago on the store that I have not noticed.

How difficult to script? How much for something this?

Thank you script makers for any feedback, and if I can clarify anything just ask.

Making a script react/interact with the marketplace is very hard if not impossible. I'd be a bit wary of anyone who says they can (ask about other web-interaction projects they've done, chat with their references/actually look at said project). (MP-> inworld direction is much easier than inworld-> MP)

Just texture-change after some trigger is very easy.

• Like 1

Hi @Quistess Alpha ... I guess I didn't explain it well enough.

I just want a script that works in world, attached to my painting on the wall, no tie into the MP at all. It's to allow me to break from the MP, not tie into it. If I can get a script that basically sells the content of the painting on my wall once, changes the texture on the wall painting immediately after it gets sold to a sold/thanks/more soon texture, and doesn't allow the painting (now just saying thanks/sold etc) to be touched again for selling purposes until I manually reset it, that's what I'm after.

I was just going into too much detail about why I need the script. There's no way to tie an item in world to an item in the MP and I don't want to, just to aoutmate the in world sales process and get out of the MP.

So ...

Click to buy painting on wall (A), buyer pays and gets the object (painting B, a version of A with a resize script in it's content) held in the contents of the painting on the wall.

Painting on wall A now changes texture to a sold/thanks/coming soon texture (that is waiting in the contents of A).

Painting on wall A now can not be clicked anymore.

I go to gallery, reset the texture to a new painting (C), update the wall painting's object name of the piece, put a new painting in C's content (D, a version of C with a resize script added), reset script, and now new painting C can be sold (giving the buyer D).

The main help for me is that I can sell in world, have the painting be delivered in world and then change the texture to "sold" without my manual intervention.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong

15 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

just want a script that works in world, attached to my painting on the wall, no tie into the MP at all

In that case, sounds like a fairly standard custom vendor script. If you already have a the code for a vendor script that already does most of what you want, I think some nice people might offer to add simple additions for free. From scratch on the other hand. . . Talking about exact prices is sticky territory, but I can't imagine it would take more than an hour or two of someone competent's time.

Edited by Quistess Alpha
  • Like 1

Yeah, the more I think about it it's really just a texture change, and turning off the object's "touch to buy" flag.

And I may have found something like it ... llSetClickAction.

If i could change that state on the clicked wall painting when someone pays it (and is given it's contents) then that might work.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong

11 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Yeah, the more I think about it it's really just a texture change, and turning off the object's "touch to buy" flag.

llSetLinkTexture(link_number,"texture's UUID (in quotes)",face_number);
// only one of the following 2 lines is really neccessary:
llSetClickAction(CLICK_ACTION_DISABLED); // or:
llSetScriptState(llGetScriptName(),FALSE);

somewhere in the money event right after a line that has llGiveInvenyory...

Edited by Quistess Alpha
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 85 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.