Not showing payment info in my profile but I have it on file?

Olivier Oskar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4686 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a main account and on that account it shows in my profile that I have "Payment Info On File". However, on this account (Olivier) and on another one of my accounts, even though I registered my credit card with LL, it wont display that I have payment info in my profile.

The Second Life website recognizes that I have payment info in my account. But when I go into Second Life it does not say that I have payment info. This is happening on both of my accounts and I have tried several times to re-update my payment info. Yet I still don't see "Payment Info On File" in either of my alt's profiles.

Help me please!

Reply @ Cinnamon - I am aware of that. I have been playing Second Life since 2007. I did add my payment info on my alts, directly from the website. It just wont respond with my alts.

Reply @ Chic - I don't care about the history, that wasn't my question.

2 answers to this question

You do realize that you don't have a main account with sub accounts for alts.  Your accounts are not related as far as LL is concerned.  So if you want Payment Info On File for a secondary alternate account, you need to put it on file using that account.  If you have done that and its still not being regconized, then a call to Billing would probably help sort it out.

--Cinn

Billing support phone numbers
Toll-Free (US/Canada)
Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Local Toll-Free numbers

France: 0805.101.490
Germany: 0800.664.5510
Japan: 0066.33.132.830
Portugal: 800.814.450
Spain: 800.300.560
UK: 0800.048.4646
Support is in English Only

• Like 1

Just a little SL background.

Long, long ago in a faraway land -----

Alts WERE connected (or could be if they were "legal" alts) to a main account. An account was permitted to have five alts or five total (my old timer friend doesn't remember) and the main account was charged a $9.95 fee per alt. The alts didn't get a stipend or anything, they were just legal. This was at least four years ago, perhaps five. So at one time, alts were connected to a main account.

I did quite a bit of research just now as I was interested on what the policy on alts currently is. There seems to be NO policy, at least I cannot find anything official. So I suspect that you would indeed need to connect each alt to a credit card and use the credit card  for Payment Info Used status. Whether LL will let you use your same credit card? I have no idea. Worth a try I guess, or if you have more than one credit card that would probably be best.

If anyone knows of the official position on alts now I would love to see a link to that info. Just curiosity :D.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4686 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.