Paid for Premium again to have the alpha app but can't seem to join?

AlfieDavid

not sure if you paid for a Premium Plus account or just a plain Premium. As only Premium Plus are being invited into the mobile testing program

if you are a Premium Plus then best file a Support ticket asking for an invite to the program, as places on the test team are limited

• Like 1

At this time, alpha testing of the mobile app is only available to Premium Plus accounts.

However, the alpha mobile client is bound to be very buggy. Hopefully, when they have a beta version ready, they might open up testing to regular Premium account holders.

@Love Zhaoying, has access to the alpha mobile client. Maybe he or others who are testing it can give us some feedback? Or they might be held to a NDA on discussing it?

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

At this time, alpha testing of the mobile app is only available to Premium Plus accounts.

However, the alpha mobile client is bound to be very buggy. Hopefully, when they have a beta version ready, they might open up testing to regular Premium account holders.

@Love Zhaoying, has access to the alpha mobile client. Maybe he or others who are testing it can give us some feedback? Or they might be held to a NDA on discussing it?

I didn't see any NDA, and wasn't asked to agree to anything. If I was, I missed it. 

I don't know if Alpha testing is still "open" to new users. @AlfieDavid, did you submit the request to join testing, and get emails about it? They have to "add" you for you to test the app. You will get emails with instructions if you are given access.

There were some posts with the request process, if you need us to dig them up. Of course, with the move now from Jira to Canny, that request process will probably change a little. 

Strangely, I only recall seeing 2 or 3 users on the Forums who said they got access.

In any case, the Mobile app doesn't have a lot of functionality yet (beyond some basic things). So, if you were looking for anything specific besides wear an outfit, TP to a place, navigate, chat, sit and touch..it's probably not there yet.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I didn't see any NDA, and wasn't asked to agree to anything. If I was, I missed it. 

I don't know if Alpha testing is still "open" to new users. @AlfieDavid, did you submit the request to join testing, and get emails about it? They have to "add" you for you to test the app. You will get emails with instructions if you are given access.

There were some posts with the request process, if you need us to dig them up. Of course, with the move now from Jira to Canny, that request process will probably change a little. 

Strangely, I only recall seeing 2 or 3 users on the Forums who said they got access.

In any case, the Mobile app doesn't have a lot of functionality yet (beyond some basic things). So, if you were looking for anything specific besides wear an outfit, TP to a place, navigate, chat, sit and touch..it's probably not there yet.

I have just done that, and yes I paid for premium plus just for this, waiting for access now.

It will be just my luck it gets released to the public before I get early access, LOL.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AlfieDavid said:

I have just done that, and yes I paid for premium plus just for this, waiting for access now.

It will be just my luck it gets released to the public before I get early access, LOL.

I'd say it took a couple weeks to get access, at least.

It will be a long time before it is released.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...