Manipulate no copy / no mod object

RaleighParker

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have this no copy / no mod object that i want to make show up and remove on demand.  Since it's no mod, i can't add another script to it to show/hide it.  I can put it in another object and rez it.  Problem is, once it's rezed, I'm done, I can't move it, hide it, etc. with a script from another object (or can I?).  Any clever ways around this, hope I'm missing something but my hunch is I'm SOL.

If you could make it physical, you could use llPushObject() on it on land that doesn't have push disabled (I do not recommend doing so, but AFAIK it's the only method of affecting an object via script without the script being in that object) . I don't think you can make non-physical no-mod objects physical, but it's not impossible that llRezObjectWithParams allows setting that flag on no-mod objects (if it does, I'd consider that a bug to be honest.)

Edited by Quistess Alpha
  • Like 1

Thanks for your reply Tessa.  I've since purchased the "Copy" version but still have the same issue as it's not "Mod".  I've been exploring options given the comment you list above.  I was thinking that maybe i could use the REZ_FLAG_DIE_ON_COLLIDE  flag and drop something on it to cause the collision.  The first and most glaring problem I ran into was that the llRezObjectWithParams doesn't seem to be available on my browser (sim?) even after upgrading to the latest Firestorm release.  I know it's a new function, yadi yadi ya.  Odds are this wouldn't work either, the object I'm trying to rez is a backgammon board and I have a hunch everytime someone threw the dice or moved a checker a collision would occur and the game would poof.  I looked into llReturnObjectByID, and while I am an Owner on the land, I'm not "the owner" and it looks like I can't grant myself permissions to use this command. 

On 1/13/2024 at 4:24 PM, Quistess Alpha said:

If you could make it physical, you could use llPushObject() on it on land that doesn't have push disabled (I do not recommend doing so, but AFAIK it's the only method of affecting an object via script without the script being in that object) . I don't think you can make non-physical no-mod objects physical, but it's not impossible that llRezObjectWithParams allows setting that flag on no-mod objects (if it does, I'd consider that a bug to be honest.)

llRezObjectWithParams() can modify no-mod objects.

The concern was brought up day1 and the discussion that followed suggested LL was trying to associate more prim params as "common rez params".

• Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.