Abuse Reporting for unauthorized use of objects, textures, and scripts

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but I figured I would ask anyway.

The issue is that a group I was once apart of is using objects, textures and scripts that I created and allowed them to use while I was there. When there was a falling out (aka the group owner started a bunch of drama and lost half of the members because of it) I gave them the option to purchase my creations fair and square, I wasn't even asking for much at all but they didn't like that. So before I was banned, which I was warned about, I took my items back (I didn't take the scripts or textures, just my objects that I placed around the sim for decoration, which included some custom art pieces as well as functional sim operation pieces). Well come to find out a few weeks later ALL of my objects were back there and all of them still showed me as the owner (I have a screenshot of all of my objects selected and it clearly showing that it was owned and created by me). The only way I can think of that this happened is the sim/group owner did a restore of a back up of the sim. This really upset me so I filled out an AR. Now its been about a month and I know these things either take forever or never see action but I kinda wanted to get a consensus to see if LL has ever really taken action on IP/TOS violations?

That last sentence is the key concept you need to focus on. An AR (abuse report) is for issues where the ToS has been violated, but them taking and keeping unauthorized copies of your work is not covered under the ToS.

However it IS handled by the DMCA (Digital Millenium Copyright Act) provisions. Therefore you would be best served by filing a DMCA notice. You can find the particulars here:

DMCA: Digital Millennium Copyright Act | Second Life

That may be true, but getting a region rolled back in order to restore content that rightfully belongs to someone else is, or should be, considered abuse.

"Warning: Deliberate use of rollbacks to obtain additional copies of no-copy content can be considered abuse and is dealt with accordingly."

Unfortunately, "no-copy" may be the key word there...

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Managing-Private-Regions/ta-p/700115#Section_.7.4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.