Why can't I delete a wall I built

JD Birkenfeld

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am building a house for a customer. I built this wall, then made a copy of it before linking the original to the rest of the house. I tried to pic up the copy, it does put the copy in my inventory but the original (copy) stays on the ground. I have tried to take it, delete it & derender it but nothing works. it's 42 prims that I don't need laying around Someone please help me get rid of this ghost wall.

3 answers to this question

You'll need to have the sim restarted to get rid of this wall. That should fix the issue for you. Ask the region owner to do this.

If you are on mainland, the next rolling restart will get rid of it. If you can't wait and have Premium membership, you can request a sim restart via Live Chat.

• Like 3

Prims like this have been a problem for a while from what I can see. Some have had luck attaching the prim to their avatar from the ground and remove it that way, but I'm not sure if that works anymore. If you right click the prim you should find a command for attaching it in the contextual menu.

- Luc -

Ask the SIM owner to delete it for you. (Laggy SIM problem)

Make out a support ticket (Server problem)

Do a JIRA (Server problem)

Have you made too many prims in a single object? (This one's unlikely to be "part" of the problem but it is possibly a factor.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.