I keep seeing BOM zombies! Please help

Violet TopHat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I turn my graphics settings down when i first get into a sim until things load, then turn them back up afterwards..

If you are in Firestorm. you can use the presets in the upper right corner of the viewer.. it's the icon that looks like a tv or monitor..

I just used my  ultra, high,med and low in there.. I don't get real fancy with them..

Anyways, once they are set in there, all you have to do is scroll over that icon and they'll drop down..Then you just click one and it will activate whichever setting you want.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I turn my graphics settings down when i first get into a sim until things load, then turn them back up afterwards..

If you are in Firestorm. you can use the presets in the upper right corner of the viewer.. it's the icon that looks like a tv or monitor..

I just used my  ultra, high,med and low in there.. I don't get real fancy with them..

Anyways, once they are set in there, all you have to do is scroll over that icon and they'll drop down..Then you just click one and it will activate whichever setting you want.

i have done that too and i still see them. also whenever i go into friends only it stops but when i turn off friends only it happens again. 

15 minutes ago, Violet TopHat said:

i am using Firestorm Viewer. 

i don't use Firestorm so I am not sure if it has debug setting: RenderUnloadedAvatar which is in the Linden Viewer 7.1.1

when RenderUnloadedAvatar  = False (the Linden Viewer 7.1.1 default) avatars render as a cloud until all their attachments are rendered fully. If they never render fully then they stay a cloud

when RenderUnloadedAvatar  = True then avatar attachments render immediately - so zombie. And they stay zombie if they never render fully. This used to be the default setting til Linden changed it in 7.1.1

Edited by elleevelyn
more info

@Violet TopHat You need to post your computer and viewer specs whenever you have a tech issue so we can have an idea of what is causing the incomplete render. Use the viewer's HELP->About... to collect the information.

Without this information, we guess. Even with it, we may end up guessing. But often we'll see the problem. Our starting with the information can save you a lot of time and effort.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.