What to do with a stream provider that is no longer online.

Dorientje Woller

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 126 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

To make it short: for years I rented my stream by one of the many stream providers in SL. Since the start of November, although I have paid for 7 weeks, this provider is no longer online aka stream gives my a disconnect error in my dj software, the dashboard of the stream is no longer accessable and I can't reach the owner of this place where I rent my stream or better said: I contacted him but he doesn't reply at all.

Yet, his place is still on SL renting out streams, while this hosting service seems to be dead in the water. What can I do to prevent others to rent a useless stream at this place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dorientje Woller said:

To make it short: for years I rented my stream by one of the many stream providers in SL. Since the start of November, although I have paid for 7 weeks, this provider is no longer online aka stream gives my a disconnect error in my dj software, the dashboard of the stream is no longer accessable and I can't reach the owner of this place where I rent my stream or better said: I contacted him but he doesn't reply at all.

Yet, his place is still on SL renting out streams, while this hosting service seems to be dead in the water. What can I do to prevent others to rent a useless stream at this place.

I think the only thing is report the inworld representation(s)* of this service, but doubt if something is done againtst it soon... you know, the resident -resident thing...

*) often there are multiple accounts involved, as storemanager and L$ receiver who gets actually paid.

2 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

I think the only thing is report the inworld representation(s)* of this service, but doubt if something is done againtst it soon... you know, the resident -resident thing...

*) often there are multiple accounts involved, as storemanager and L$ receiver who gets actually paid.

Understandable: resident to resident thingy, but the person in question hasn't been online for "ages", while in the meantime he is cashing in on streams that are no longer working.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 126 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.