Firestorm 24 hour Day Cycle

Afkgirl101

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 177 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello! I could really use some help as I am very confused. I would like to set my day cycle to 24 hours so it reflects to my RL. I have done this, but it's currently 3:22 AM in my RL and while I have it set to that, it looks like it's almost 6 AM in SL. I need some help pinpointing what I could be doing wrong. Thank you

Edited by Afkgirl101

1 answer to this question

Day cycle is a parcel property. It's set for land, and applies to everyone who visits there. The usual setup is a 4-hour day, with one dark hour out of the four. Some places have other settings. "NTBI" is on a 24 hour schedule set to New Jersey time. They take their day cycle seriously - some stores close at night.

You can override the land's environment in a viewer, and make it be day or night all the time just for you. This messes up the look of some places. Especially ones where lights come on at night, or there are fog effects. Visit "New Babbage", which is foggy and lit like 19th century London, for a good example.

You can mess with sun and moon position in "Personal Environment" to set your local day/night situation, but you can't currently tie that to a clock. It's confusing when, for some people it's night, and for others, it's day.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 177 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.