Group Notices not being received

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 183 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recently sent 3 notices in group. I got the popup in my notices as I sent them. In checking I found that several others got 1 or none of the notices. All had their RECEIVE GROUP NOTICES checked ( I asked). Is there some issue what is going on with Firestorm and SL Viewer and group notices? (I checked with a guy that has 2 bots using Radegast, the text viewer, and he got them on both bots)

thanks,

Navy 1 Coba

1 hour ago, Navy1 Coba said:

Is there some issue what is going on with Firestorm and SL Viewer and group notices? (I checked with a guy that has 2 bots using Radegast, the text viewer, and he got them on both bots)

This would be the sign that the (relatively) new ”ReadOfflineMsgs” capability is bugging (again): Radegast is old and does not use it (it uses the legacy ”RetrieveInstantMessages” UDP message). You could do this too with the Cool VL Viewer (In the ”Advanced” -> ”Network” menu, un-check ”Use offline IMs fetch capability”), and FS might have an equivalent setting (at least, it did have one in the past); ask to their support group.

It might also be worth filing a JIRA issue for this bug, so that LL works on the broken capability (be it server or viewer side).

Edited by Henri Beauchamp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 183 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.