Temporary HUD.

Tirnanoc

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 207 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Heya, I was wondering if anyone could help me with a script idea.

I was at a sim and an experience triggered a temporary HUD that lasted about 5 seconds on my screen to welcome me to the area with a PNG image. I want to know if anyone has any idea how to replicate this. I am new to scripting, and I cannot understand the language that great, so if anyone can help me out with coding this I'd be super grateful!

The function to study in the LSL wiki is llAttachToAvatarTemp.  It doesn't require an Experience to work, but the only way to attach it without asking the avatar's permission explicitly is to use one.  Then you'd activate the llAttachToAvatar function in the script's experience_permissions event.  If you really want the HUD to detach again in a short period of time, just trigger a timer when the HUD is attached and let it call llDetachFromAvatar  (again, in the experience_permissions event).

ETA: The advantage of using llAttachtoAvatarTemp instead of llAttachToAvatar is that the HUD will simply disappear when detached, rather than being sent to the person's inventory.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 207 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.