Rezz object from a Nest

LittleScripter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I started working on a Breedable project and I have something I do not have a solution for the moment.

When breed happens, the mother would rezz a nest and this nest will rezz the offspring. But as this offspring could be a mother it should contain a nest .... problem of the chicken and egg.

So I need to find a solution to have a rezzed object that is not in the nest. I tried with UUID of the object from an object inventory but does not work. llGiveInventory to an object needs to be on same sim.

There is a solution as multiple systems are able to make it.

So if you have any tips, that would be great :)

Thx

Edited by LittleScripter

I thought there were open source scripts for basic breedables. Google offers this which might be a resource but I'm far too lazy to check.

To the question, the first thing that pops to mind: If the mother rezzes the nest, the mother must have a nest in inventory so could give that to the rezzed nest's inventory, and that rezzed nest could then give that inventory nest to any rezzed offspring that should be equipped to be mothers.

Edited by Qie Niangao
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LittleScripter said:

llGiveInventory to an object needs to be on same sim.

Right, but presumably the rezzer will be in the same sim as the rezzed object at the moment of rez; assuming chicken-first:

• Chicken contains both a copy of itself and egg.
  • Chicken rezzes egg, gives it copy of itself and a copy of egg to the rezzed egg.
  • Egg may change regions, but still contains a copy of itself and chicken.
  • Egg rezzes chicken, gives it a copy of itself and a copy of chicken.
  • Chicken . . .
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thx a lot for you  tips. I tried and it works well but need the target prim to be MOD (llGiveInventory require it). So there must be an other tip to be able to make for trans only pet, as done in other systems. But this is a first great step.

Take Care

Edited by LittleScripter

35 minutes ago, LittleScripter said:

So there must be an other tip to be able to make for trans only pet, as done in other systems.

You could have a 'server' object set up in-word somewhere; the egg (or the chicken, but need not be both) messages the server instead of rezzing from inventory. The server then sends a (no-copy no-mod) generic chicken object to the egg's owner. The first time the generic chicken is rezzed, it asks the server for its specific characteristics.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.