Help a new builder, please!

Markarth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is my first attempt at using AVsitter.  I downloaded the files from github and created the scripts as directed.  I have followed the instructions to create a box and put in the following files:

[AV]sitA+[AV]sitB scripts

[AV]adjuster script
[AV]helper object
AVpos notecard (blank)
Plus 5 sit animations

The next instructions is:

'Sit on your furniture, and the menu will appear'

When I try and sit on this box, I am thrown off and get error message: "Do not sit on the helper with AVsitter2 unless you have enabled the old helper mode. Move the helper while sitting on the furniture. Please see instructions at http://avsitter.com"

Where did I go wrong?

Thank you in advance!

3 minutes ago, CarlaWetter said:

I would suspect that you did not only add the [AV]helper object but the script as well, or perhaps only the script. Take care that there's really only the object in your potential furniture contents.

OK,  I have NO CLUE what that means. Can you spell it out to me Barney Style?  (Simple as possible for a complete idiot)

TYVM!

The [AV[helper object must be a prim containing the [AV]helper script. Rez a standard plywood prim, drop the [AV]helper -script- inside, take the object into your inventory. It should have renamed itself to [AV]helper.

Now have a look at your 'furniture' objects content. When you see an [AV]helper SCRIPT inside, delete that from its content, it has no use within the furniture object. When you already have an OBJECT inside that calls itself [AV]helper, you may perhaps already have successfully gone through the steps outlined above. If not, add the [AV]helper object (the cube) you made in the steps above.

In short: NEVER add the [AV]helper SCRIPT to your furniture. It MUST be a prim you prepared with the script beforehand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CarlaWetter said:

The [AV[helper object must be a prim containing the [AV]helper script. Rez a standard plywood prim, drop the [AV]helper -script- inside, take the object into your inventory. It should have renamed itself to [AV]helper.

Now have a look at your 'furniture' objects content. When you see an [AV]helper SCRIPT inside, delete that from its content, it has no use within the furniture object. When you already have an OBJECT inside that calls itself [AV]helper, you may perhaps already have successfully gone through the steps outlined above. If not, add the [AV]helper object (the cube) you made in the steps above.

In short: NEVER add the [AV]helper SCRIPT to your furniture. It MUST be a prim you prepared with the script beforehand.

Thank you so very much!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.