My Environments - Doesn't Save between Logins

Lemon1Sponge

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 257 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have noticed that the SL Viewer doesn't save my preferred sky setting - CalWL

Every time I login i need to click on My Environments,  and then choose CalWL,  and then Apply only to Myself.

How do I save this permanently.

Also Particles - Highlighting & Visibility - Hide Particles  does not save between logins either.

Screenshot2023-08-22035419.thumb.png.cec415a8187f54272ea809b7a9647d43.png

Sorry, I almost never use anything but the Shared Environment specified by the landowner, so I have nothing to offer there, but I think for the particles you can get a more persistent effect using the graphics preferences, above, instead of the Advanced menu setting. On the other hand, you may instead want to memorize that keyboard shortcut for toggling particles off and on because there's really a lot of information in many scenes that's provided only by particles. It's true that particles are often abused causing rendering lag, but I find that about 99% of that is from particle-infested attachments, and those can be specifically disabled in the Debug Setting "RenderAttachedParticles"—as long as one remembers they're disabled because those, too, sometimes provide scene content that it's simply impossible to otherwise generate by script.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2023 at 7:18 PM, Lemon1Sponge said:

Every time I login i need to click on My Environments,  and then choose CalWL,  and then Apply only to Myself.

How do I save this permanently.

Use Show Debug settings: 

Set EnvironmentPersistAcrossLogin to TRUE

This keeps Environment settings consistent across sessions

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 257 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.