Smaller Real-estate Renter / Owner? I'd like to pick your brain

Valion Foxclaw

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 254 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi - Hope whoever reads this is having a great day.

I wanted to just get some feedback or opinions on the private rental markets?  Those who lease small prefurnished & prefabbed island properties on full sims.  I'm looking at expanding my business holdings and wanted to do a little market research.  Doing my research on mainland vs sim ownership, what gets me what I want personally and what makes sense from a business standpoint.

So I thought I'd reach out directly to the community.

From an ownership standpoint, managing your properties, managing the infrastructure, and making tier payments to SL. 

1. How do you like it? 
  2. Is it working out well for you? 
  3. Is the juice worth the squeeze on the monthly wallets?  
  4. Any thoughts or things you'd do better next time?
  5. About how long was it before you felt you made it over the new business hump and saw profits beyond tier payments?
  6. Do you find you're getting more or less renters?  Steady flow thats consistent? (Whats your experience in the demand vs. supply?)
  7. When its all said and done, are you pretty comfortable making your sim tier payments verses the income?  Or is it not hitting your bench marks financially?

I do understand who the big players in the space are, and I know they work on a totally different level then someone just running their own island sim, or small properties around mainland renting out properties.  My brain picking question here is directed at the smaller owner / operators.

Out of discretion and respect for peoples privacy.  I am not asking who's who, who owns what.  More just wanted to get a general sense from the rental community how the experience, workload, ability to make tier payments are working out in the current SL market and landscape.  if you want to post anonymously, please feel free.  I have no interest in putting anyone on the spot.

If you don't want to post on here, feel free to drop me a notecard or IM with your general thoughts.  Again, just market research to see where I want to point my efforts.

(I Know how to do rentals, and I have the business / script infrastructure to do it.  I'm not asking "how to".)

Thanks so much for your time.  Drinks on me.  :)

- Teegan Oceana

Oceana Concepts | Art Director & Owner

Edited by Valion Foxclaw

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 254 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.